Discuss Leaking Condensate Drainage Pipe- Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say without seeing it in the flesh so to speak but I would imagine a couple of hundred quid

Thanks, it's just an estimate. Hopefully he will refund us, but doubt it.

Leaking Condensate Pipe replacing : ÂŁ100 - ÂŁ150

Radiator securing to wall/ movement : ÂŁ30

new outside tap : ÂŁ100

brick work : about ÂŁ150

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Photos of radiator as requested. Also slightly concerned because the installation manual states that the external condensate pipe must be a minimum of 30mm before it passes through the sleeved wall.

My pipe seems smaller. The list is never ending :whatchutalkingabout

yours is fine as it increases outside to 1 1/4

View attachment 24366View attachment 24367

Photos of radiator as requested. Also slightly concerned because the installation manual states that the external condensate pipe must be a minimum of 30mm before it passes through the sleeved wall.

My pipe seems smaller. The list is never ending :whatchutalkingabout
As mentioned yours is 30mm by looks of it. Out of interest read a few lines down as the current Logics state external condensate pipework should also be insulated with weather proof insulation (type o) as a further precaution against freezing.
I have came across a few 30mm condensates freezing solid over the years.

Hello,

This is my first post and I hope you could offer me some advice please.

We recently had a new boiler fitted, the boiler and radiators are working well, but the finish is awful.

The Condensate Drainage Pipe runs externally to the soil pipe, not ideal, but were having a conservatory fitted over it.

This pipe is now leaking from the joint where it meets the soil pipe and also the elbow and other joints. The plumber is avoiding our messages and to be honest I would rather ask someone else to do the job.

I have attached a picture of the pipe, I'm no expert but should it not be one pipe at an angle?

Please could you offer advice on what I should be asking a plumber for, I need this pipe to be water tight, as its going to be boxed in in the conservatory which is supposed to be getting done in the first weeks of January.

Thank You in advance (sorry I couldnt rotate it!)

Nat View attachment 24249:)
Looks like a plumber who forgot to bring solvent weld glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Condensate Drainage Pipe- Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint. How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hello I am fitting a kitchen in a new room without services. Looking to tile the floor so everything under the tiles really needs to be fit and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock