Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Leak sealer for Rayburn boiler. Help and advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonnyH

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has used leak sealer on the boiler on a Rayburn stove or a leaking heat exchanger subject to high temperatures to any success. Is it worth a try as it will cost way too much to pull it out and replace it. I'm also concerned that the sealer may foul up the system with gunk which i certainly don't want to do. I've heard of vents getting gunked up with a jelly like substance .. Don't fancy that much. Any advice is much appreciated.

thanks

if your boiler section is leaking its highly likely its too far gone for leak sealer, just need to replace the boiler if its worthwhile, off top cover strip down and swap over, takes time and effort.

Thanks for that.. Yeah I'm guessing that's a huge and fiddly job. The boilers aren't available either so it would need pressure tested and stitched I rekon. Apparently oil rayburns fail with stress fractures rather than rust .. Probably best to get another second hand unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak sealer for Rayburn boiler. Help and advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock