Discuss lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjsamp86

hi guys does any one know of a tool to shave lead pipe to fit lead locks im fed up with fileing them down for ages???? any ideas welcome thanks

Going back we used to use shavehooks , basically triangle shaped paint scrapers or even the normal shape as long as they have a good edge .. mark

You want a plumbers shave hook the a lot sharper than painters triangle ones. Or shape one on a grinder.

Hi. We often use what i know as Surform. Not for the application you describe but similar. Keep an eye out at car boot sales. A serrated blade in a plastic handle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a lead water pipe that needs to be capped off. I have dug down and found where the pipe tees off to my property. I have a Flomasta Lead to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock