Discuss Lead welding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justlead1 are your videos still available to watch? Think I saw them before and was impressed with the work. I had to remove some lead circs recently must have been nearly 100 years old, absolutely perfect wiped joints, it was actually a shame to have to remove them, they were in the way for new copper, as said before it's crying shame that this work isn't still taught.

Err! Lead circs. Horrible job climbing half up a chimney to thread them through to the cylinder in the bedroom or over fire cupboard, getting covered in soot and spiting it out for hours after. Glad we have moved on. Wiping joints can be fun but not if your in a hurry. And 3/4" 9lb is heavy stuff to haul about let alone try and straighten it from a coil. Bent bolts, shave hooks, branch augers, tampins, mallets, bloc black, pipe clamps, D type bar solder tallow and wiping clothes should remain where they are in the past. But they are still better than plastic. :) :)

I have only one important thing to say with lead welding:

CLEANLINESS!!

Any oxide film, muck or grease and you are wasting your time.

oh, and lots of practice........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lead welding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock