Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Latest Bathroom Photos :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Really chuffed to have a nice, decent customer again. It's really sorted out my confidence after the c*** non-paying customer who stung me for £900 a couple of weeks ago.

Customer couldn't have been nicer, bought us all fish and chip suppers each week. More tea and coffee than you could shake a stick at and paid within an hour of me emailing the invoice.

Work pictures here

For those that have nothing better to do like me on a Friday night!

Nice work
Did you do everything yourself or employ a tiler etc?
What would a bathroom like that cost out of interest?

Nice job but why the feck would you put an electric shower in a job like that, just makes it look a bit ****e

Couldn't agree more. You would have to ask my customer for his reasoning. The two bits he wanted to keep from the old bathroom where the old steel bath and the electric shower lol. Don't ask me why but I couldn't get him to reconsider. The whole bathroom was a £12k install so it wasn't like he didn't have the cash to spend. Perhaps it was his mother's or something.

Last edited:
Nice work
Did you do everything yourself or employ a tiler etc?
What would a bathroom like that cost out of interest?

Hi. We do everything ourselves, tiling, plastering, electrics, plumbing. I'm qualified to do electrics and plumbing and a self-taught tiler. A 1 week plastering course plasterer I'm afraid but I can get ceilings and walls to look smooth.

2.5 weeks of work for me and an apprentice.

Got fed up of waiting on other trades to turn up after a year of doing bathrooms.

Last edited:
Did over him some chrome caps but he preferred white! I just leave any sort of decorative decision up to the customer tbh that way I can never be wrong. But I've just noticed Toolstation do a chrome version of them which I will be fitting as standard next time.

While we are on the subject, why the hell do toilet fixing screw caps never stay on? By the time you've tightened up the toilet to the brackets enough the screws deform the plastic cap fitting..

Last edited:
Nice pics. Its a shame those old carpet tiles couldn't be kept - they'll be back in fashion next year...

Very nice job . I'd prefer the floor to be staggered . Don't take that the wrong way ,just my personal preference.

I agree it would have looked better. He paid for a normal grid pattern though!

My nephew is a brickie and I saw a wall he'd put up for a customer. The end capping brick was missing. I asked him why he hadn't finished it . He said the customer thought the brick was too expensive so to leave it. I told him to buy one and finish it properly because anyone looking at it would say whys the bricklayer left it like that ? They'r not going to admit they'r too tight to pay for one brick. Off topic slightly but sometimes you've got to think for customer.

All valid feedback to be honest and I guess I posted pictures because I wanted constructive feedback. It's got me a 5/5 review on Google for our bathroom but there is always something we can learn to be honest.

I've done quite a bit of tiling that I wouldn't have picked myself but the customer is always right as we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Latest Bathroom Photos :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Well, this is a new one on me. Has anyone got any thoughts on the following? I completed a bathroom job and invoiced for the last portion of...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
All advice appreciated. I've made a number of bad decisions & trying to stop the flow. I used a small plumbing company (one man band but...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock