Discuss Late night phone calls from clients in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Do you guys answer the phone after a certain time at night or ignore them until morning and call back? I don't offer a 24 hr service and find that general enquiries should be made during a reasonable time, I think its time to invest in another mobile phone for business only and turn it off after a certain time!

and got 3 phones

one work
one personal
and one that my missus doesn't know about!!

Is this more like it Shaun haha

its knida of strange when people see ( bet most think drug dealer instantly :D )

and got 3 phones

one work
one personal
and one that my missus doesn't know about!!

Hope your missus isn`t the one on another forum asking for advice cos she found another phone that she didn`t know about cos the girls are saying divorce him ! lol

If i miss a late call say 10 o clock i phone them back about 3 a.m

You deliberately stay up until 3am just to call them back?

I don't really understand this. Either answer the phone or don't, personal decision. Return the call in the morning or not at all, why try and annoy an existing customer or a potential new one?
All of us who decide to work for ourselves or set up a business etc need to come to terms with the fact that customer relations is quite important. Also that probably now involves doing work after 5pm.

I don't really understand this. Either answer the phone or don't, personal decision. Return the call in the morning or not at all, why try and annoy an existing customer or a potential new one?
All of us who decide to work for ourselves or set up a business etc need to come to terms with the fact that customer relations is quite important. Also that probably now involves doing work after 5pm.

think its more out of spite,

I just don't understand it personally.

no same lifes too short

its like tit for tat

i think your phoning me at an improper hour im going to phone you an in improper hour

no same lifes too short

its like tit for tat

i think your phoning me at an improper hour im going to phone you an in improper hour

When my phone rings, I am just happy that a customer probably wants me to do more work or a new customer has responded to my advertising or a recommendation. I only see it as a positive.

To be fair, we probably shouldn't take it personally. I find it hugely annoying, but I know it's not productive. There will always be thick thoughtless tw@ts out there.

Got a call to my mobile today. :(
Customers son has nailed floorboards down in his own home and went through apparently 15 & 22mm heating pipes in several places and caused flooding. They managed to drain down the heating system.
Got to go tomorrow and they think it is a few hours work.
Ruined my day and now forced to change plans to fix it for him.

Last edited:
Simple, Land line is on answer, Mobile after 6pm is on silent , just have a look now and then to see if anyone has called.

Sarcasm

If I'm not doing anything I will happily answer. If I am doing something then I let it go to answerphone. I will not answer after 9pm. My way of looking at it is I would rather people phone after 5 as I have the time to talk, people phoning whilst I'm working usually get the same answer off me and that's I will phone them when I get home as it looks bad whilst your in someone's house on the phone for 10 minutes answering a customers strange questions whilst there paying £30 per hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Late night phone calls from clients in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back