Search the forum,

Discuss landlords gas safty check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

hi all just a quick question when you do a saftey check does the tanant need to have a copy of the cert or is it just the landlord and my self need one?

in a nutshell is there a reg saying they need a copy?

thanks

HSE seem to think so;

In this situation an agent must arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flues, which the landlord owns and provides for the tenants use. You must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

Gas safety - landlords and letting agents

As a landlord I get one and one is left with the tennant, when I have let properties out in the past I have sent a copy to the letting agent, just for there reference.

Its a good way to attach your bill to and post it direct to the landlord, most of the time landlords aren't present

They need a copy by law, that's why there's three on each form, a landlord has to make a copy available to their tenants, it's the law

You give two copies of Landlord Safety certificate to the landlord and keep one for yourself.
It is Landlords duty to give one copy to the tenant.

I only give 2 copies to the landlord or agent if the property is void.
If occupied I give one copy to the occupier and one to the agent/landlord.

hi all just a quick question when you do a saftey check does the tanant need to have a copy of the cert or is it just the landlord and my self need one? in a nutshell is there a reg saying they need a copy? thanks

-Gas regs, -Regulation 36 Duties of landlords

(5) The record referred to in paragraph 3(c) above, or a copy thereof, shall be made available upon request and upon reasonable notice for the inspection of any person in lawful occupation of relevant premises who may be affected by the use or operation of any appliance to which the record relates.
(6) Notwithstanding paragraph (5) above, every landlord shall ensure that -
(a) a copy of the record made pursuant to the requirements of paragraph 3(c) above is given to each existing tenant of premises to which the record relates within 28 days of the date of the check; and
(b) a copy of the last record made in respect of each appliance or flue is given to any new tenant of premises to which the record relates before that tenant occupies those premises save that, in respect of a tenant whose right to occupy those premises is for a period not exceeding 28 days, a copy of the record may instead be prominently displayed within those premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlords gas safty check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock