Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss kitchen waste trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
20150705_130453.jpg
Hi I have attached a pic above as a friend of mine her waste is leaking. As I am only learning the trade I was thinking if I put a 1 and half bowl waste p shape trap in this should solve the problem. I know I may have to re drill out for the waste outlet as it's fairly high up in the cupboard.

As you looking at the pic the strainer on the left looks like it 32mm waste pipe I will have to increase it to 40mm and the one on the right is the problem one it is leaking from just below the plastic nut but is full of silicone so didn't really want to undo it as there is nothing open till tomorrow nearby me.

So would that be an appropriate way of doing it thanks

Both outlets should be 40 mm but your logic is sound

Undo the nut and check/replace the flat washer
Also check the bottom of the thread of the waste fitting itself, could be cracked or damaged and the trap set up could be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kitchen waste trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock