Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer back nut. What spanner, not one of the little ones. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi got sent to change some taps the other day, normal looking kitchen mixer except for the back nut. I know it's not something that is really unusual but what size is it, need to get a back nut spanner for it.

fba30db1072dacb9d83e3f0343436abc.jpg

Don't you have a set? Cheap enough to buy Ash.

I have the set for the normal monoblock nuts but nothing this size.

Screwfix do a set of box spanners but i could only see up to 22mm.

Reckon this must be 30ish

Hi got sent to change some taps the other day, normal looking kitchen mixer except for the back nut. I know it's not something that is really unusual but what size is it, need to get a back nut spanner for it.

View attachment 22922

Whilst I know you wont use them often at times like this a pair of outside calipers would come in useful.

Whilst I know you wont use them often at times like this a pair of outside calipers would come in useful.

+1 for this I've got a cheap set to check o'd of pipe in old houses if I think its 1/2" or 3/4"

I haven't got proper sized spanner for that nut size, but I have tightened & removed those using Footprints grips. That one in the photo has plenty of space around the nut and it doesn't look seized as threads are in clean order.

Cracking set , does big nut fit ..? ÂŁ28 from tool station,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 49
You'd need to unscrew old copper tails out ,

Seen a bunch like that. I find you have to just fight it for 15 mins with grips, twisting tap and general anger. Once even just the slightest bit loose you can work it off. You could also cut the backnut with a multi-tool but won't be much fun. I had to cut that backnut off a billion year old ball valve in CWSC using multi-tool once. Those things are pretty darn useful here and there.

I have 2 box spinners one is 41-45mm the other is 41-47mm the do the these type of taps and also the click clack type of waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen mixer back nut. What spanner, not one of the little ones. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock