Search the forum,

Discuss Keeping an digital diary in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I know this is a bit of a random question but do any of you keep a diary on the computer that syncs with your iPhone?

I have a PC not an Apple Mac, and I have an iPhone not android.

Basically I want something that I can update and it syncs with the phone. I don't want it to cost a fortune either, and I'm not worried about computerised cert's or anything like that.

Cheers for any help, Danny

As much as I like technology, I would rather an old fashioned paper diary! If a custard phones on your iPhone its quicker to open a seperate diary rather than doing it on your phone whilst trying to hold a conversation lol!

Plus you can scribble directions house name etc!?

True, I can see your point. If someone has this setup I would at least like to try giving it a go though. Bought my 2014 diary back in November so I'm not fully commited to going digital!

lmao am just setting 4 untis to share the same calendar for work , i cloud and failing badly at the minute

I use the standard calendar on an I phone. It automatically syncs with a paired I pad.
them use alarms to remind you.
works for me

Don't have an ipad chalked. Just bought a new laptop so that money has been spent for the time being!

I use google calendar with the calengoo app on iPad and iPhone. It allows me to use pc at home and work, but apple portable devices.

Also use gqueues task manager across all the same platforms.

All works well, except of I don't use one of the mobile device calendar app for a while, it takes a couple of minutes to update.

I've been using exclusivly outlook and calander on i phone / pad for a few years now with no problems, always have phone with me so no popping back to van for diary, also missus can pop jobs into outlook at home and it will sync with phone. Had no issues (yet!) though do backup weekly just in case.

I use the apple icloud program on pc, and a app called weekcal on iphone, though I believe the apple own one is much better now.

Use google Cal, and the std iPhone one, you have to change a few settings but it works a treat once jogged up.

Use google Cal, and the std iPhone one, you have to change a few settings but it works a treat once jogged up.

The thing I like about google calendar is that it can be accessed so easily across multiple platforms, and integrates with just about everything.

I just couldn't get on with the outlook task manager, but the Gqueues one is nice and simple and also integrates well - I create most tasks from incoming emails, and can follow up important emails just by adding my Gmail address to the BCC field.

Without those few tools, I think I would need a PA or secretary just to keep track of stuff, because there is no way that my memory would do it.

I use an app called business calendar on an android phone and it works a treat. There is a free version to try. I am sure there is a similar way of doing this with an iphone.
The data is 2 way so when something is put on there by phone it appears on the pc and put on the pc it appears on the phone. Could be useful if someone at home wants to see where you are or book something in..................
Or may get you in trouble :behead:

Google calendar for me too. Syncs across Mac, android and windows very well.

I suppose that I'd be called a bit of an Apple 'Geek' really but I've been using their computers since the 80's and have never found fault with them so when i say that I use their Calendar App, and iCloud, you should understand that I'm not being biassed in my opinion just pragmatic really. They work together.
My wife puts appointments in the calendar app in iCloud and they magically appear on my iPhone/iPad and all you have to do is set your iPhone/iPad up to link with the iCloud and it's done. You can even do this online at:

https://www.icloud.com

Just create a free apple ID, although if you have an iPhone you probably already have one for iTunes/AppStore etc and you can log into the iCloud. You get all the facilities like mail, Pages (Word substitute), Numbers (Excel substitute) and a few others.

Using this system I can get notification of what my day/week/month looks like more or less as soon as it happens :)

I suppose that I'd be called a bit of an Apple 'Geek' really but I've been using their computers since the 80's and have never found fault with them so when i say that I use their Calendar App, and iCloud, you should understand that I'm not being biassed in my opinion just pragmatic really. They work together.
My wife puts appointments in the calendar app in iCloud and they magically appear on my iPhone/iPad and all you have to do is set your iPhone/iPad up to link with the iCloud and it's done. You can even do this online at:

https://www.icloud.com

Just create a free apple ID, although if you have an iPhone you probably already have one for iTunes/AppStore etc and you can log into the iCloud. You get all the facilities like mail, Pages (Word substitute), Numbers (Excel substitute) and a few others.

Using this system I can get notification of what my day/week/month looks like more or less as soon as it happens :)

That all sounds great but can you access icloud via a PC and not a Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keeping an digital diary in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock