Search the forum,

Discuss Kamco powerflush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

At long last I am getting a powerflush unit. Exciting times :) I am gunna go for a kamco clearflow and a combimag

cant choose between the cf40 or cf90. I only do domestic but work do the cf40 is adiquate size wise it's just the cf90 has a much higher flow rate. Will the 90 speed up the process enough to warrant the extra £400 or is it just not worth it for me

also with the magnetic filter is it worth the extra £200 for the twin mag unit or is the single just fine. If I can knock a good couple hours off a flush then it's worth it

if if there are any other units u recommend looking at?

the cf40 is very good and more than capable. Unless your going to be powerflushing every day or 20+ systems all the time its prob not worth paying the extra moneys. the single combimag removes alot of sludge, i would only think the twin filter would be an advantage if your flushing very large systems all the time. The duel one with the heater may be a good idea, but i cant comment on how well these heaters work when a flush is going on. some heat if the boilers not working or connected should speed the flush up.

Think the cf40 is the way forward for me with the dual mag. Hopefully this will generate enough cash so I can afford the down time to do my gas safe :) I fancy the pump head adaptor nice and quick to set up

Get the pump head adapter and the heater as well. The you can have one magnet on and the heater if the boiler isn't working.

That's what I was thinking.

What at are people's thoughts on fx2? Some people I spea to use it for everything others dont

Got a C90 with a magnet and it's great! Used it all day today on a combi change and it pulled out wagon loads of magnetite. Great unit wouldn't of gone for the smaller version tho! Use an agitator too helps speed up a bit but for an example, today we had 8 rads twenty years old and it took us from 7.30 through to near 4pm to get it spot on so it can take a while with heavily fouled systems.
also used it the other day with some Fernox DS to de scale a Vaillant heat exchanger worked a treat!
good investment so buy what you can afford!

I use fx2 and it works great but you need to neutralise it and flush it out otherwise you will get callbacks for air in the system. Seems to create a lot of air or gas.

What is the reason you wouldn't go for a cf40 out of interest?

I've used both. I went for the larger type, although I chose the calflush unit. There is a big difference in my opinion and the 40 seems to foam up a bit more. I would recommend the larger model of your wallt allows. The extra power speeds things up and just feels more capable, I was never overly confident with the CF40.

Check out our sponsor Williams and Co for the calflush Max, it's bound to be cheaper than I paid for it still :disappointed: but a very good machine. It's basically the old kamco cf90.

i always use sentinel x800 as its good and safer than the acidic cleaners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kamco powerflush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock