Search the forum,

Discuss just when you think things couldn't get any worse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

glad i don't advertise in the local free paper. i am so tempted too call him but i think i would just end up calling him a knob head over and over. knob head.jpg

I could advertise "Boilers from ÂŁ200" if I wanted to get some attention.

Trouble is, all you would get for your ÂŁ200 is an old dented Chaffoteaux Band D boiler (with no flue) that has been lying around the warehouse for a decade.

Just because someone advertises something, doesn't mean its actually available.

the sword cuts both ways gentlemen,

Now if i had a tradesman say he would fix something of mine for ÂŁ5 an hour, i would politely show him the door and invite him to use it, as i believe its a mark of sub standard work

its not a problem for me as the local free paper is crap. but those guys advertising along side him. i can see it now. cust calls i need a new boiler how long will take. gsr replies about a day if a combi swap. cust says oh so it will only cost ÂŁ40.00 plus parts then. GSR suddenly shiiiites a brick LOL

i just dont get it.

but i wouldnt trust anyone offering services at that price. but im sure there are people think ooooohhhhh bargain and to hell with the consequences. we've all had em.

Most people aren't so stupid and his ad probably puts a lot of folks off but things are seldom as they seem

Itemised bill
Fit outside tap
Tap and wallplate adaptor ÂŁ29.00
15mm dc valve ÂŁ18.00
2 15mm comp elbows @ ÂŁ5.00
1 15mm comp T ÂŁ6.00
1 15mm stopcock ÂŁ10.00
Labour 2 hrs @ ÂŁ10
Total ÂŁ83 + vat @20% = ÂŁ99.60

The clue is in "from ÂŁ5" just like Thompson holidays, but where are they when you enquire?

i did an experiment once in advertising,

cant remember what it was i was trying to get rid of now, something like a mahogany/brass inlay dining table & 8 chairs that cost ÂŁ1200 from jessops comes to mind as it was no longer required and wanted rid of it!.

any way put it in local paper 'FREE' and no phone calls all week ???????????????
the next week put it in for ÂŁ200 and it sold in one day!! in fact 2 hours after publication lol,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to just when you think things couldn't get any worse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am looking to join a plumbing and heating engineer 4 days a week whilst I attend College to gain my level 3 plumbing and heating qualifications. if...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock