Search the forum,

Discuss Just need this tap head as cracked. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi I need to get one of these heads as the one in the picture is cracked. Looks like a standard set of taps, does anyone recognise them?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
may as well stick new tap in, those valves arnt cheap or easy to find.
i done some before but cant remember the names.
wouuldnt pay those prices either!!

Deva Ceramic Disc Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap Chrome -

I swapped that exact mixer (with Brev plastic cartridges) for that exact toolstation mixer a couple of weeks ago in the house of one of my neighbours. The spout on that new one is made of very thin metal, felt very cheap, but looked OK.
As Redsaw says, the cartridges cost more than a cheap mixer.
And you won't easily find a new tap handle (is that the bit that's broken?)to fit the splines on the plastic cartridge either.

it would be easier just to buy a revival kit they might end up with slightly different tap handles but they would fit the splines perfectly

That's very common for those heads to crack. The cartridges get very stiff to turn and the chromed plastic head cracks. I have a head that is possibly same somewhere for just such an emergency, but I bet I can't find it.
I always tell people to replace those taps that have the plastic works & heads.
But as Riley said, if you want an easy fix, you could replace with lever conversion kit

The lever conversion kit won't fit in, I tried it on the one I did a couple of weeks ago. The size of the Brev cartridge is a lot different to standard cartrisges and so is the seat in those taps.

I stupidly had forgot that the plastic cartridge is much wider.

the equivilant tap in screwfix..swirl is better but ÂŁ50. you takes the choice to customers budget!

ÂŁ70 fix or ÂŁ90 new tap..

Thanks for all the replies.

I have taken these cartridges out before at another property and was a right pain. I think I'm back there tomorrow, looks like it will be a new set of taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just need this tap head as cracked. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock