Discuss Just head butted a debt collector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bailiff is not allowed to enforce a debt unless a notice of distress is gained from a court. There is a big difference between a bailiff and debt collector. Baillifs are allowed to enter a property via either an opened door or an unlocked window. They cannot "break in" until they have a signed walking possession. Bailiffs can work anything from 7am - 8pm for personal debt and 24hrs for businesses. They can also enter when a lone female is home but not when children under the age of 14 answer the door. As a certified bailiff myself although not now practising, I've been on both ends of the stick. If he has a court order then the police would side with him as he was carryng out his duties and you assaulted him.
Good luck and i hope you don't get into to much trouble.

Oh and debt collectors don't have any rights unless you sign to agree they can enter your property.

I know 1 or 2 debt collectors up newcastle, the type that if they come calling you really wanna move town - fast.

Plenty of gorillas down here too, just looking for a legal way to bully people
There's always somebody harder/younger/quicker around the corner to take their crown
I hope you're OK JCS

Last edited:
I'm reading this thread with great interest due to being put in a similar situation not too long ago- not with bailiffs though, my missus ex partner turning up at the door giving us grief. Let us know how it went please JCS

Update. I got arrested by the police that night. Had an interview in the morning and told them that he was bullying us. My wife had marks on her arm where he barged in. I got let off with self defence. He was from marston bailiffs from the courts for ancient court fines dating back to 1998. I never had to pay them either . Sorry for the late update I've been super busy with work.

Good for you. Nice to hear these bully boy bra$turd$ get thiers sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the Coppers go hard on you or did they ease up when you told your side of the story?

Have you considered prosecuting them , Marston's are complete B/ds think they can still use these old bully boy tricks, ordinary bailiffs' don't have that sort of power, and need police and a warrant to enter your property, Watch BBC the sheriffs' are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just head butted a debt collector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock