Discuss Just head butted a debt collector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 witnesses against one bailiff is hard to disprove, especially if the same legal representative is looking after both of you, dont rely one one each, mistakes can occur. Be aware the legal representative doesnt have to be a solicitor, they dont turn up nowadays until there is a case to answer, my son used to do it before he qualified as a solicitor, he was rather good at it.

Say nothing if hauled in by cops. It's for them to prove you've committed a crime.

You say nothing, he says something, your wife says he pushed her & you made a pre emptive strike to defend.

Get the duty solicitor in with you, say nowt, see what evidence they have.

They may disclose it after a while of no comment answers but as I say it's for them to prove. 'Points to prove'

The CPS then makes a decision to charge or not

Your word against his

Stay shtum

Depends. Accepting a formal police caution constitutes a "criminal record". A stiff telling off from the arresting officer doesn't.

Had a Brother-in-Law my sister's first husband: Police Sergeant, AND A KNOB
My sister's second husband is a "just retired" Chief Constable. BIGGER KNOB.
They are only after a result, and a stiff telling off is as rare as hen's teeth.
I've never heard of it.
Nowt will happen at best. The very least will be a caution.
As there's no proof to actually what happened: C.C.T.V.
A complaint may be put forward, and the police may visit.
The baliff's treading on very thin ice. Would think he knows that.
I'd say nowt will come of it.

Last edited:
Had a Brother-in-Law my sister's first husband: Police Sergeant, AND A KNOB
My sister's second husband is a "just retired" Chief Constable. BIGGER KNOB.
They are only after a result, and a stiff telling off is as rare as hen's teeth.
I've never heard of it.
Nowt will happen at best. The very least will be a caution.
As there's no proof to actually what happened: C.C.T.V.
A complaint may be put forward, and the police may visit.
The baliff's treading on very thin ice. Would think he knows that.
I'd say nowt will come of it.

A bailiff cannot enter a house where a woman is alone. They should only do so if they have a witness (another bailiff) as far as I know.
Although I am in plenty of houses with a woman alone. :smile:

Last edited:
A bailiff cannot enter a house where a woman is alone. They should only do so if they have a witness (another bailiff) as far as I know.

I was also thinking he should not have been alone.

Did he have a cam on to record to protect himself

I was also thinking he should not have been alone.

Did he have a cam on to record to protect himself

There was a programme about the bailiffs a while ago & a woman invited the bailiff at her door into her home. Guy told her he would come in providing the other bailiff can come in.
It would be so easy for a woman to say you had threatened her or groped her or asked for payment in kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just head butted a debt collector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock