Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Just cemented a WC pan to the floor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Previous one had been and on smashing it out of position and chiseling away the lump of cement with the SDS it made a much more uneven surface then I ended up with last couple times I did it (done twice, both time the pan-grabbing cement came off in nice clean bits leaving a reasonably flat floor.)

I know the proper way would be to sort the floor out properly first, but time was an issue, friday was upon me and it's their only WC so I made up a bucket of quick dry cement, patted down a layer to roughly level with floor, then 10 mins later made a small mound in shape of pan outline and chucked the pan on top and squished it about until it was straight and level, wiped off excess etc. Half hour later it was solid as a rock and I'd already tested no leaks at pan connector.

I know it's not ideal and if anything needed to be done to soil connection it's goodbye pan but since it worked how bad a move was that?

My theory is it's not like supergluing a cheap tap to a bath or something. But yeah if they call me in a month to say the pan connector is leaking...

If you had time you could gun the floor level ish then latex but that's gonna take a while to dry!

Had to do that many times. It was an easy way to bed a pan down - particularly if it was just a rough job, like on an outside loo.
Usually they were put down in ordinary sand & cement, but first the concrete floor needed a hole cut out of it, an inch or so deep to let the mortar grab the floor.
I used to hate replacing them if they were the only toilet in the house, but using quick setting is handy.

Should be fine so long as you check flush and waste pipes are connected properly before cement goes off ;)

I used this method in each property in a block of 100 flats years ago due to gas pipe running under wc pans !

I'd of just got the floor level with the rapid set and then sit the pan on temp until I could come back and screed but if the moneys not in the job.

Although I don't see anything wrong with cementing the pan down, I just like making life easy for myself or the next plumber

I have done loads like this, when im replacing outside toilets I fit low level ones, so fixing the pan connector wont be a problem as its going down thru the floor, if it was going out thru a wall I think I would sort the floor out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just cemented a WC pan to the floor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
All, We have an old soil pipe stack which has an inner diameter of 90mm. I presume it is a pitch fibre soil pipe (it's not cast iron). I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock