Discuss Junction box wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DarkCrystl

I went out to look at heating faliure. It appears that h/w is working correctly.
System is "S" plan with unvented cylinder. Wireless room stat fitted(apparently a year or so ago) with reciever in cupboard with cylinder.
Say the've had no probs till other day.
On inspection did notice another reciever in another room. Cust. says it was disconnected when new reciever (in cupboard) was put in. Hmmm?
Anyway changed motor in 2 port as stat was calling and pump n boiler were getting power when manually moving valve but no joy, valve does'nt open to switch auxillarys.
Junction box checked but not too familiar with this configuration (like honeywells better).
Methinks maybe they just put it in (new stat) but couldnt get it working and Im not having much luck.
I know it could be several things but would appreciate your opinions please.
Many thanks

It's a Drayton. Item 73146 at Screwfix.
I've got a sneaking suspiction that its just been put in and wired incorrectly but cust. is adamant its been in a while and worked fine.

you need to work along each circuit to find whats not working
power in
feed from each channel of clock
stats
power to valves
power to aux switches
boiler
pump
methodical is the only way
remember to check neutrals as well as lives

Drayton stats work on a frequency that often gets interference What lights show on the receiver Have you tried resetting this ?

loop together the stat control wires,drayton rf stats last about 4 years,if the heating works after doing this replace with a quality replacement like honeywell

Why not just link out the wirless receiver, if the heating then works then its probably whats wrong!
Martin,

Thanks v. much for your replies. Alas I'm not great with multimeters but I can def. see the benefit of knowing how to use one!
Going away this week with kids so cant go back anyway but for the future can anyone recommend me a way to get to grips with electrical testing.
Would like to work on boiler repair side of things and get used to the more technical side of things along with circuit testing. I get enough phone enquiries for breakdowns but sadly have to let them go cos not ACS....
Thanks anyway people
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Junction box wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock