Search the forum,

Discuss It is time for a change. Max & His Mission. All Advice Welcome :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MaxE34

Hi Guys and Girls

Recently, I took a long hard look around the office and decided that enough is enough, I want more time to myself and be able to enjoy possibly being self employed some day. May sound daft but I am from the go to school, do well, go to uni and get a good job brigade and that is what I have done. However, given how the last few years have panned out, I think it's time to change career and in due process, take my crown jewels out the boss's hand and into my own. So, I have decided to take the bull by the horns and take on a new career which is what brings me here.

As a complete rookie, I have to do the NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Gas Installation & Maintenance but what else? is this the best way to start a career as a gas engineer?

Apologies if this seems noobie but Google has given me information overload so I just want to hear it straight from the horses mouth

Thanks

Max

Hi max welcome to the forum. Where abouts are you? And why gas engineer as a career choice? Have you any experience of manual work at all??

hello and welcome and from preston ?????

i am self employed and have a lot of time for myself, normally when I would like to be working and earning though :)

Hi max welcome to the forum. Where abouts are you? And why gas engineer as a career choice? Have you any experience of manual work at all??

I am from London. My reason for wanting this change is because I am sick of the office and want to be out and about. Earn my qualifications and get some hands on experience at the same time. In terms of manual labour I have been a landscaper and am knows as the go to builder guy among friends and family :)

i am self employed and have a lot of time for myself, normally when I would like to be working and earning though :)

I can imagine it's no walk in the park :( But rest assured being out and about in your van grafting is better than being chained to sales desk on the phone or computer. Plus I never want to wear a suit again (except for weddings and stuff)

It wont be easy but it's gotta be done. In your opinion, what would be the best course of action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to It is time for a change. Max & His Mission. All Advice Welcome :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock