Discuss Is this quote for a new boiler fit sensible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
One very important point , have they explained to you after they have finished the system will be pressurised .

I would say that is rather excessive. Look to about £2100 to £2300 for this job. Go for a small independent installer that is not vat registered, can save a lot there.

I would say that is rather excessive. Look to about £2100 to £2300 for this job. Go for a small independent installer that is not vat registered, can save a lot there.

For a conversion?????? I charge more for a combi to combi swap

What just a conversion to a combi connecting upto old rads and pipework??
Down this way id say looking at £1900 materials and £800 labour.

How much do you charge labour for a combi to combi swap shaun?

What just a conversion to a combi connecting upto old rads and pipework??
Down this way id say looking at £1900 materials and £800 labour.

How much do you charge labour for a combi to combi swap shaun?

2.8k straight swap materials included

Decent boiler
All controls etc flush magy etc

I have got people around me they charge a whole lot more than than that. But I also have some .... around me they do boiler swaps for nothing ( £150-300£ labour ). They are fully gas qualified ... but do not get their point honestly. You all should see those installs, pretty rough , no insulation, no flush, no filters, no scale reducers there is literally nothing to regs.

But that's what some people want quantity than quality...

I can't see how that's possible unless it's a weekend job, cash in hand, for your best mate, thrown at the wall and all the rubbish left in the front garden .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this quote for a new boiler fit sensible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock