Discuss Is this normal? Exposed pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking a new build flat. Both these items exposed in the kitchen and wonder what they are, and if it's normal for them to be exposed?

Thanks
IMG_20181201_113611.jpg
IMG_20181201_113604.jpg

IMG_20181201_113618.jpg

Last edited:
Picture 1 looks like the cold main coming in with a water meter and pressure reducing valve. Picture 2 is a heat recovery system with a condensate pump underneath it. No its not normal and the workmanship looks appalling. Personally I'd avoid the place.

The exposed pipework is not the best, however it looks like it's pushed for space. Picture 3 is shocking and looks like a right bodge, even if it is boxed in.

That MVHR is badly fitted, the ducting is all over the place and should be in rigid stuff. I’m sure your supposed to have 300mm above the before any bends.

On the plus side, if it had been fitted properly Nuaire are really good!

Reply to Is this normal? Exposed pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock