Search the forum,

Discuss Is this legal? - Non payment of travel pay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paranoia UK

I currently work for a local, medium sized plumbing firm. I have been working on a site for them for 16 months, doing four hours of travel every weekday. For 15 months the company has been paying me my travel pay. This month, due to the job running over and not making money (companies fault for misquoting areas) they have not paid me my travel pay. Im wondering if this is legal or not? The travel pay is in arrears so there are 60 hours from january unpaid and will be 80 hours from february unpaid at the end of march. 140 hours is a lot to suddenly not have and its worrying me a lot :( Any help and advice would be much appreciated. thanks

It all depends on the company and your contract. If it says you are entitled to travel time then they will have to pay you. If not then they don't have to. Because they have already been paying you for travel time I would ask why they have stopped paying it. If it is a change of contract they have to give you notice before changing it and it has to be of mutual consent.

I would also speak to citizens advice about it when I had a problem with a company changing a contract they were a great help.

Start looking for a new job as well every time I've worked for a company and they have suddenly stopped paying money in full/on time it is a bad sign.

If it was agreed that they pay your travel then they should pay it unless you have agreed otherwise or it was in the contract that they wouldn't pay in the event of.......

Or any other body. It will be in there rules and should be in your contract. Ask to see a copy of your contract if you havnt got one. You have a legal right to it.

Also as for times when youre not paid for anything you should be its time to jump ship before you get stung. Ive seen it too many times. All starts like this goes on for a week then 2 then 4 then 6 then you say im going and they say just one more week you say no and they say well you wont get the rest if you go. Booom got ya by the short and curlys then.

My advice here get on the blower quick and find a different firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this legal? - Non payment of travel pay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock