Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Is this a Surrey Flange? in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. MarkHod

MarkHod New Member

I am having problems with what appears to be air in my shower pump. Sometimes it is really powerful, others is very poor. It is definitely effected when i turn the temperature up on the boiler. Obviously the thermostat on the tank should cut in and close the valve... but I am not totally sure it is working that well.

However I want to establish if the valve in the picture below is a Surrey Flange, and therefore should alleviate the problem of air in the system.

The pipe with the black lagging goes to the shower pump.

If it is a Surrey Flange is it correctly fitted, as I would expect the non-lagged pipe to go to the shower pump... maybe this is the problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mark

IMG_6112.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes it's a type of Surrey flange

3. MarkHod

MarkHod New Member

Is is it correctly fitted, as I would expect the non-lagged pipe to go to the shower pump... maybe this is the problem?

4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

The non lagged pipe should be the pipe going to your pump. The other should go to a tee. Upwards of that tee, should be the vent and down should be the hot to the rest of your house.

5. ShaunCorbs

The shower pump should be to top connection as is a warwick flange

But with this type you can still pull some air in

Better off fitting an s flange tbh

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Sorry Shaun
    It's the bottom for the shower feed.

IMG_0113.PNG

7. ShaunCorbs

That's an s flange not a warwick flange

There the samd but on a war the ports are the opposite way round

• Like Like x 1
  8. MarkHod

MarkHod New Member

Ok, so if this is a Warwick Flange would you change it to Surrey or even Essex... assuming this is what is causing air in the system.

Is there anything else I should check first?

Thanks, Mark

9. ShaunCorbs

Surrey I would install

And other than your cold water tank connector is clean and has water in the tank no shouldn't be

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarkHod

MarkHod New Member

Many thanks.