Search the forum,

Discuss Is the duct big enough ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

easyt

my heating engineers have removed an oil tank that is for for replacement. they have also placed two ducts that will beneath a shower area. And also a condensate pipe that is for future usage if/when needed.

My concern is that the ducts are 18mm internal diameter. Fine for pushing the oil line through. One of the ducts is to pass the fire control sensor to the boiler.
1 Are these ready made up with a copper vial on one end and a valve on the other?

2 is 18mm enough of a hole to pass one through. Will they push the 2m in or not. I have no idea on the diameter of the vial at the end of these.

PS I will be surrounding the ducts in mortar before building the shower base with celcon blocks and will ensure that they are true.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fire valve phial will pass through no problem as long as there are no tight bends.
Trust your engineers they will know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is the duct big enough ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock