Discuss Is tank thermostat needed...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wimmer

My mum has a Rayburn oil-fired boiler for heating & hot water. Upon taking the cover off the main box in the airing cupboard, it appears that there is a red wire from the tank thermostat, not connected, (just a yellow wire connected). There is no hot water temp setting on the Rayburn, so should this red wire be connected? Thanks anyone.

The oil rayburn is just a heat source so its either working or not if heating side is working then issue lies with the system. is it an s or y plan ( what motorised valves do you have?)

Hi, the water in the tank gets hot, but there doesn't seem to anywhere to adjust what temp it gets to, apart from the tank thermostat, ( with the loose wire). BTW There are 2 motorised valves, (2 way), one on the HW and one on the CH pipes.

Hi, the water in the tank gets hot, but there doesn't seem to anywhere to adjust what temp it gets to, apart from the tank thermostat, ( with the loose wire). BTW There are 2 motorised valves, (2 way), one on the HW and one on the CH pipes.

Cylinder stat like any switch requires minimum of two wires connected therefore it sounds like if the water is getting hot and only one wire to the cylinder stat the motorised valve has been overridden or incorrectly wired.
The Answer is yes you do need a cylinder stat wiring . Two wires from C & 1 on cylinder stat wired in parallel to timer live and Rayburn switch wire.

Hope this link helps

try this page www.rayburn-web.co.uk/raytech/chtg4.htm

Looks like the theromstat wires go on 9 and 10 (where I think the loose red wire came from). Fingers crossed!
Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is tank thermostat needed...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock