Search the forum,

Discuss Is my wall still under leak or it is talking time to dry up? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Mine is a two storeyed house. The groundfloor toilet and first flower shower are at same alignment.

About two months back, I cleaned my shower drain like this in the video:

Unfortunately, when I removed the siphon, the left out water (about 1 litre) around the area started draining. For some reason, I also noticed this water seep into the walls of ground floor toilet.

IMG_20211126_233038326.jpg

After that I cleaned the shower drain, fitted the siphon back.

But this seeped water trace is not going off. In fact when I touch the portion, I sense it colder than unaffected portion of the wall. Here are my questions:

1. How do I know if there is still some leakage active?
2. I don't know if the seepage is spreading. May be I should take weekly pics. and compare.
3. How long does it take to dry, assuming the leak is inactive?

Pl. share your advice. TIA.

Assuming ceiling and boxing in are plaster board a 1ltr spill months ago would have long ago dried out.
Clear pictures of your actual shower would be useful.
I can send the picture of my shower after few hours.

I don't know if my wall is plaster board or concrete. Assuming it is a concrete wall, how long do you think it will take to dry?

Test on "bldg" setting to see if its still damp.

Take a pencil and draw a mark at the tideline and put the date - to see if its growing.

I don't know if my wall is plaster board or concrete. Assuming it is a concrete wall, how long do you think it will take to dry?
I can only give you an anecdotal comparison. I once had an unheated shed with a leaking 4" thick reinforced concrete roof with failed asphalt weatherproofing. Inevitably, it would start to leak on occasion and I'd go up with a can of reinforced bitumen paint which used to solve the problem for around a year. It would stop dripping within a day or two and would be dry within a week.

Dear all,

Sorry for not updating so long. It was a bit difficult to find the right plumber who could help me out.

The replies above turned to be true - It was a leakage from the drain pipe of my second floor toilet, not from the shower as I was assuming wrongly earlier. Fortunately the pipe of interest was covered under a wooden board that had to be removed to repair the pipe connection. Basically it was a saddle pipe connected to the main drain line that was the source of leakage. Temporarily it was reglued + sealed with caulking gun. The plumper has promised to propose a permanent fix in a sooner time. Till then he is sure that I won't have any issue and I think he is right. I am able to see the wall that was wet a week back is completely dry again.

I keep you all posted with my further actions. Again, thanks a lot for your answers. It saved me from waiting till a bigger damage.

Reply to Is my wall still under leak or it is talking time to dry up? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock