Discuss Internal Stop Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey All,

I've just moved into a flat located in a very old building and I'm trying to locate the water shut off. Looking under the sink I think I might have found it, but I've never seen one like this and I'm not having much luck googling. Does anyone know if this is indeed the shut off, and if looks in any way operable?

StopTap_smaller.png

Yes 1/4 turn

TBH I would if you could install a standard stop tap above the old one

Cheers for the quick reply Shaun! There's a very small trickle of water coming from the seal, so if they send someone round to sort that I'll put a replacement to my landlord.

Reply to Internal Stop Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock