Discuss Internal Kitchen Gas Cooker Ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spudhater

Need a bit of help re Ventilation .

The kitchen was originally on outside corner of semi detached. now it has a leanto and a sort of wooden conservatory built around tother wall

I have to install a new cooker so does this constitute as an "internal kitchen" and am i looking at extraction ventilation..

I can manage to extract to "Air" via the wall opposite to the cooker via lean to and then through roof..
So would a fan with 60l/s and over run of 15 mins/ manually operated via light switch suffice.

Tech bulletin TB005 covers this but, just wondered if anyone else has come across this scenario before.

Mny thxs for any help.

Rgds SPUDHATER ( and yes, i do like potatoes)

it is a internal kitchen and would require ventilation, cooker mi will be more specific on mechanical extraction

Does the kitchen have a closeable door to another external room with window or door to outside?
If so then that technically counts as the same room and there's your ventilation sorted.
If not need an extract fan.

Two different answers already, this is a bit of a tricky area as building regs are involved as well.

FYI it does have a door& window that open to the lean to and conservastory.
There is an Air brick that runs into leanto and there is another that has been blocked up going to outside..

Just spoke to a "Tony" at Gas Safe.. treat as an internal kitchen extract to air via fan and trunking 60l/s 15 min over run, manual or light activated.
If there is a door to kitchen take 10mm off bottom to allow air to be replenished from rest of house.

So now the customer is looking at £450.00 for having a new cooker installed. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Internal Kitchen Gas Cooker Ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hello all - just registered hoping someone can help me with a bit of a quandary. I'm not a tradesman nor do I wish to DIY anything connected with...
Replies
Views
kirkgas
K
dudes, went to a friends house the other day to have a look at replacing his boiler...simple straight swap...so i thought. it turns out that his...
Replies
Views
moony
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock