Search the forum,

Discuss insurance work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
who does insurance work (call out/breakdowns)?

I do some for corgi and another home emergency insurer and looking to get more work of this kind. Any one do this kind of work?

I don't, and not quite prepared to go down that route.
I hope you get more work. It's that time of year, so those tyres of companies will be well busy

Last edited:
i dont live off that kind of work but its a nice top up if youre prepared to go out at all hours that is

never been tempted to go near them, like my payment straight way

Do emergency stuff for Able Group, but not since September as can't keep up with my own work. I quite like going out late night/early morning, no traffic on the roads.

i have looked at able group but dont like the 60/40 on the payment terms .. and i love being out and about at that time nice and quiet ha

It amazes me that people will pay £100 + per Hr to these company's , but if they call you direct they expect it done for £30 or less, regardless of the time of day.

It amazes me that people will pay £100 + per Hr to these company's , but if they call you direct they expect it done for £30 or less, regardless of the time of day.

Had one other day rang 6 am said 150 quid to come sort snapped it up

quite often crank it up joe out of hours try your luck mate

was chatting about this down local plumbs other day one plumb said he charges 200 out of hours just to cap and comes back next day to repair with another charge lol

Last edited:
Able group charged £120 to fix a drip on isar.... They just turned of filling loop. Then left. We got new boiler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to insurance work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
Heĺlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few days. Now my radiators are not heating up because the hot water must be getting diverted to the tap. What are my options? Can I get house insurance...
Replies
Views
I am city and guilds trainees live in Dartford. I am interested in working with a professional plumbing to get more experienced in the weekend Looking for your cooperation
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock