Currently reading:
Installing L shaped bath

Discuss Installing L shaped bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all im looking for a L shaped bath left hand 1700. i have quoted from a claygate book which is 400 pound for standard acrylic one
without front panel or hinged shower screen.

i have noticed williams do one for £350 quid which includes front panel and screen. im worried about the quality and stability of the bath when standing in it
im guessing the artesan bath is much more sturdy for the money.

has anyone fitted one of these?. help on the quality of the cheaper bath will be helpfull thanks .

1700mm Left Hand L Shaped Square Shower Bath

I have a cook and Lewis one installed in my bathroom and its sound. The inlet problem we had was the crappy wooden panel which the vaneer peeled so I replaced it with plastic. The shower screen is also goo quality.

so it don't creek and warp like a cheap plastic bath lol. he has seen the price and is willing to pay £800 for bath screen and panel. i cant get it all for £400.
just worried quality wont be as good.

I have noticed williams do one for £350 quid which includes front panel and screen. im worried about the quality and stability of the bath when standing in it
im guessing the artesan bath is much more sturdy for the money.

Hi Wigz

Good to see one of our Portsmouth customers on the forum - I am the MD of Williams & Co, and we sponsor the forum.

We don't normally discuss trade prices on the forum, but since you mention it already - a small correction. The price you gave is our offer price for TWO L shaped baths, complete with panels and screens. Our price for one is considerable less than that - if you have our price list, you will see the lower price just above the higher one.

I had one of these baths as a sample before we ordered, and set it up in our warehouse (looks a bit strange, but we like to check these things out). If you go into Portsmouth, and ask Mike, Ros, or one of the lads, they will let you have a look at one, and get a feel for the quality.

If you decide to have one (or take the deal on two), and are not satisfied, then you have my promise in front of the entire internet that we will refund you in full. :)

Can't say fairer than that?

Just one final note - the screen in the picture in our pricelist is hinged in the middle of the main glass sheet. The screen that we have most of in stock is a single piece of glass (plus the small return). If you prefer the hinged version, we do have a couple in our Fareham branch - we got the wrong image when we printed the pricebook. There is no difference in price.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thing I forgot to mention - the bath is made by Niko, now part of the Ultra Finishing group - the same people who own Hudson Reed and Home of Amber brands.

hi thanks ray im based in Gosport. will go down and order 1 in the morning don't mind waiting a couple of days for it. the screen will need to be hinged and movable some are fixed which wont be no good. thanks .

hi thanks ray im based in Gosport. will go down and order 1 in the morning don't mind waiting a couple of days for it. the screen will need to be hinged and movable some are fixed which wont be no good. thanks .

Hi Wigz. Sorry - I saw "Portsmouth" in your location and assumed that you were in Pompey itself. Same thing applies though - just talk to Dom or Paul in our Gosport branch.

All the screens are hinged at the wall and where the L return meets the main screen. The difference is that the one in the picture is also hinged in the middle of the main screen panel - effectively making it a 3 panel folding screen. The ones we have (mostly) in stock have one large screen (hinged at the wall) plus the smaller L return. However, as I say, as soon as the mistake was picked up, the rep kindly dropped off a couple of spare screens as per the picture.

I will send Dom an email now so that he is in the picture.

Ray

thanks ray. the screen with single hinge seems better than the 3 hinged ones.

Excellent customer service from a forum sponsor. It's great when a company goes that extra mile for it's customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing L shaped bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back