Discuss installing a back boiler oil link up in a bungalow, anyway around it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful to make sure the return from cylinder to boiler has a slight, consistent fall - even though it is below floor.

may be more use http://www.solidfuel.co.uk/pdfs/link_up.pdf the previous link shows systems not allowed in the UK

I think you are referring to the heat leak radiator being ommited on the schematic.
From the sfa.....
The heat leak radiator is not a safety device but serves to reduce the risk of water boiling and discharging into the header tanks and out the overflow. I am not aware of any legislation which covers this issue.

MI's always superceeds the regs in any case.

I think you are referring to the heat leak radiator being ommited on the schematic.
From the sfa.....
The heat leak radiator is not a safety device but serves to reduce the risk of water boiling and discharging into the header tanks and out the overflow. I am not aware of any legislation which covers this issue.

MI's always superceeds the regs in any case.

No it is the solid fuel boiler in the link which is on a pressurised system

The Stanley Brandon in the link is oil fired. So ok for a sealed system.

you have to think of others looking at this thread and thinking its ok to put a solid fuel boiler on a pressurised system, as this thread is about linking solid fuel to oil

you have to think of others looking at this thread and thinking its ok to put a solid fuel boiler on a pressurised system, as this thread is about linking solid fuel to oil

There's nothing in the link to suggest connecting a solid fuel boiler to a sealed/pressurised system. What link are you looking at?
But since you mention it, it is OK to put solid fuel on a sealed system in the uk. Broseley fires for example have scws fully approved for use in the uk for solid fuel stoves engineered appropriately.

Last edited by a moderator:
let yaz know how i get on, will be fitting the stove end of next week!

near all finished just need to connect pipes to boiler and fill the system! 1 more question the customer is now putting a harth around the stove and he was asked me to move the pump up above the ceiling into the roofspace, was thinking of putting it on the return to the stove,the only thing is that i have the feed and expansion on the flow out off the stove would this cause any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installing a back boiler oil link up in a bungalow, anyway around it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back