Discuss installing a back boiler oil link up in a bungalow, anyway around it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not have house insurance. I certainly don't. A waste of money and another unecessary bill imo.

Here's the valve station I built for it...
http://alturl.com/mgztz

You won't find anything like that on your travels through the sticks of Tyrone. What do you think of that big Danfoss AVTA cooling valve in there and the 28mm sheeps crook anti gravity loop? Nice features I think and works extremely well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks over complicated to be honest without knowing what is feeding it or what its purpose is For
H2 panel Whould that not of done same job??
Your quite neat though
And no not saw that sort of think in Tyrone or anywhere else in the north
But some god awful stuff in south

The solid fuel boiler comes from the right hand side and the oil boiler from the bottom.

Here's the valve station I built for it...
http://alturl.com/mgztz

You won't find anything like that on your travels through the sticks of Tyrone. What do you think of that big Danfoss AVTA cooling valve in there and the 28mm sheeps crook anti gravity loop? Nice features I think and works extremely well.

I would like to know how the solid fuel boiler is vented? How does the danfoss cooling valve cool the boiler/ system as it seems to be connnected flow to flow? It monitors the temp of the return to solid fuel boiler and does what? The auto bypass valve bypasses a 2 port? Two 15mm vertical pipes left side are feed and vent? The isolation valve on the flow is for a AAV
possibly?

The solid fuel boiler is vented in line with bs6700 recommendations.
System separation via a plate heat exchanger is used. The by-pass valve is not strictly needed in that position and only operates in the event of the HW zone valve not opening whilst in solid fuel mode.
Its wired HW priority and automatically shuts down the oil boiler when the solid fuel reaches set point as defined on the solid fuel boilers onboard electronic controller.
Its a five zone property with the fifth zv in the hot press.

The cooling valve maintains a steady return temperature to the plate through proportional control as the cylinder heats up and the coil return temp rises, dumping excess energy into the CH thus preventing the sf boiler over heating on hw only.

The two 15mm pipes are supplying the bathroom radiator and the 15mm isolator was there temporarily for pressure testing and now fitted with a manual air vent.

anyway guys started this back boiler 2day and i am going with the gravity circuit to the hot water cyclinder via tracking the return accross the floor back the stove! i have another quick question is it necessary to install another cold feed even tho im linking it into the existing heating system which obviously already has a cold feed??

Yes the solid fuel boiler needs a cold feed as well.

@ simong sfa require a heat leak rad or gravity to cylinder or both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installing a back boiler oil link up in a bungalow, anyway around it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock