Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Install Radiators Via Wall Using Speedfit in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products.

Could anyone please advise which products I'd require for this and how practical it is to do so?

Thanks

I don’t understand your use of “therefore”?

If I were asked to alter you piping so that the radiator feeds came out of the wall rather than the floor I would definitely do the job using copper pipe and soldered fittings.

I don’t understand your use of “therefore”?

If I were asked to alter you piping so that the radiator feeds came out of the wall rather than the floor I would definitely do the job using copper pipe and soldered fittings.

As I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls, I'd like to change not only the route but the pipes to speedfit as I just thought this would be more practical But I presume you would use copper as that would be the best way to future proof it given it is within the walls?

Copper everytime.
Just make sure you protect it from render/plaster.
Also, speedfit fittings are much larger and you will need to hack into your walls more.

Reply to Install Radiators Via Wall Using Speedfit in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm chasing some walls and using speedfit for pipes to the radiators. I'll be using conduit and want to transition to copper ends which will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock