Discuss Inadequate Circulator Pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

You can do it anytime after the boiler starts cycling (like now), just take it off one or two, but before the burner cuts out, any idea what the on/off cycle times are now?

You can do it anytime after the boiler starts cycling (like now), just take it off one or two, but before the burner cuts out, any idea what the on/off cycle times are now?

We are away this evening so I'll turn it on tomorrow when I get home, time etc and report back.

What I did not earlier was a 20c difference in the boiler feed and return temps. I think this is fairly optimal(?) On speed 2 after it had been running for an hour or so

Yes 20 is spot on for the boiler

That's more like what I would have expected alright as it means that the flowrate is actually, 26*860/60/20, 18.6LPM, which makes more sense with a pump running with a constant head of 6M.

Should I be waiting until the radiators are balanced before taking the above readings? Or for now, prior to proper balancing taking place just shoot the centre of the rad for an average temp across the ground floor?

No need to wait for balancing just now, the easiest quick test for now is to time say two on/off cycles, and then take the boiler flow and return temps while boiler is firing and as close to burner cut out as possible, ie if burner run time is say 2 mins, take flow&return temps after say 90secs or so and I can calculate the average rad(s) output and temps based on these and the boiler cycle times.

No need to wait for balancing just now, the easiest quick test for now is to time say two on/off cycles, and then take the boiler flow and return temps while boiler is firing and as close to burner cut out as possible, ie if burner run time is say 2 mins, take flow&return temps after say 90secs or so and I can calculate the average rad(s) output and temps based on these and the boiler cycle times.

Yes I'll do that this evening and mark current return / feed temps on the rads on the GF plan.

Then will balance later this week. Will clean the mag filter each day - more so to use the dosing capacity to get the new 2L of X800 into the system. Then after boxing day I'll drain and flush the whole system for final time and add inhibitor

OK, heat has been on for a few hours downstairs zone only. It was at the 19.5c digital stat setting in living room so I think was likely OFF for a while before I got to testing it.

Hence readings may have been when it was warming up again :

72c out
54 return
7.5 mins run tune
1 min off time

Note I just took a temp reading at top middle of each rad. Then the last one which was always cold flow and return temps too.

Hasn't been balanced properly yet but appears decent spread all the same. (I had just balanced by hand feel last week) Pump on speed setting two still.

20211220_195021.jpg

Bedroom 2 rad is off as room being refurbished at moment. I will get a new double Myson rad and liquid Drayton TRV for it this spring.

Utility will be Knocked down this summer so it's rad is off possibly for good.

Reply to Inadequate Circulator Pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock