Discuss Ideal standard tap help ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foxyuk

Hi guys got mixer tap in bathroom as part of a vue suite when tap is in water is dripping under the tap where the flexi hoses go thru the underside basin hole

I have plumbing cover and a company came out and replaced mixer with a cheap mixer. I called engineer and he's telling me that flexi hose hot and cold was pre fitted on to the tap. Is this correct ?????? I have a warranty for 5 years in it and requested it back as I will get replacement Can anyone advise ?
i not prepared to accept the £10 tap he's fitted. I reckon been too lazy to do job right and thought easier to replace with new tap and hoses

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes some have hoses pre fitted that are not replaceable. He could have replaced with identical though

there is a small 'o' ring on th end ov flexi that neded chaanging tats alll

Ok thanks will get the tap off the guy . Like every home response company they are not interested in like for like a taps a tap to them !!!! I was in initially when he came to the call and he was saying the flexi hose just going round and round under tap which is not norm

will I be a smart bum and ask him why he never replaced 'o' ring ??? So need to get a replacement then need to contact them to refit like for like

peglar do the same but you can eventually get them out, depends what tool you use.!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal standard tap help ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock