Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ideal Logic gas valve fault in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Nico

Nico GSR

Hi guys came across a strange one today and was wondering if anyone could shed some light cheers.

Had a report of noise coming from boiler. Arrived on site and found when gas valve modulated to minimum rate it the diaphragm would vibrate and sounded like the titanic was arriving through the front door. Changed out the gas valve but has same issue with new gas valve. On minimum rate I was get 21mbar at test point. Check Venturi which was clean and check burner for debris. Tried a fan to see is the gas/air ratio wasn’t mixing correctly but still had same issue.

Anyone had anything similar before?

Cheers for getting back to me

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you’re gas safe contact a mod and they’ll let you in the gas safe section

3. Nico

Nico GSR

Sorry just new to this forum so still tryin to figure out how to work it

4. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That's cool no worries Shaun will likely be along soon he can help you out

5. Nico

Nico GSR

Much appreciated mate. Thanks for the help

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

hello

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nico

Nico GSR

Hi Shaun,

I am new to this forum and have posted on this public section not knowing there was a private GSR section. How is it you go about being accepted into that section?

Cheers

8. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

send us your gas safe reg no and i will sort it