Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic+ condemned for mixed flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Been called to an ideal logic+ 30c that has been condemned. Standard horizontal flue which goes to a plume kit to extend it past the soffit.

Last year I serviced this boiler and this year someone else has been in and condemned it saying it's a mixed flue?

I haven't spoke to the engineer who condemned it but the customer said he had spoke to ideal and they said it should all be plastic.

I don't fit many ideals but the last one I fit was metal outer and plastic inner and that was only about 6 months ago so I'm not entirely sure what going on.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

I would phone ideal and ask them plus get it in writing eg emailed to you

Elbow and plume kit is ideal. 2 years ago our previous engineer changed the flue because it was an ideal flue that was extended with a baxi flue to take it beyond the soffit. Obviously this was wrong so it was changed to the current flue using a new ideal horizontal flue and soffit kit.
Apparently the engineer who condemned it today said it didn't look right, spoke to ideal who confirmed it should all be plastic and advised him to turn it off and replace.

Spoke to ideal and theyve confirmed the flue is fine and that they don't offer an all plastic flue. So no idea what the previous engineer was talking about.

Maybe so, not sure why he wouldn't like the look of it though as it is just a standard flue with one of these attached to the end of it.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ideal-soffit-kit-60-100mm/9066x

Maybe so, not sure why he wouldn't like the look of it though as it is just a standard flue with one of these attached to the end of it.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ideal-soffit-kit-60-100mm/9066x

Maybe he thought it was push fit waste pipe ?

Maybe trying to poach work by claiming the previous engineers were incompetent. Either that or he's just incompetent himself.

Bet he has never seen one. That’ll be my guess mate.
Quite possible, although the engineers argument was that the flue was metal, not the plastic plume kit. Anyway the customer has been informed their boiler was wrongly condemned and they are getting the engineer back to turn their boiler back on.

Reply to Ideal logic+ condemned for mixed flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock