Discuss Ideal logic combi 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyvts

hi

i have had the boiler for 3 and a half years, never liked it as noisy (rattling from pressure guage) and the fan seems to hum throughout the house, so i wouldnt recommend it to anyone.
however recently i am losing pressure on a regular bases and the boiler goes into LP fault.
i topped up the system, shut off the central heating valves and left for 4 days to find it had lost 1 bar and the bucket i put under the condensate drain had a litre of water in it (the boiler power was off). i instantly thought i had i issue with the boiler but then i opened up the valves and the pressure stayed the same on the guage (was expecting it to raise a little.
my questions;
why would i get water from the condensate drain when the boiler is powered off?

as there is no sign of leakage inside the boiler casing, could it be leaking internally, more once hot?

(i am a air conditioning technician, and although would not install a boiler or touch the gas side, would happily fault find the water side)

thanks for any advice

Andy

Hi Andy,
Give Ideal a call with your annoyance! They had an issue on earlier versions regarding the symptoms you describe! Earlier than yours I believe? However you shouldn't get water out of the condensate with the boiler powered down! It point's towards an internal component failure.
At the moment this is one of Ideal's better boiler and a flagship of sorts so they would prefer not to have bad publicity I'd imagine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic combi 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Got fd code on Ideal Logic Heat 15. Had two plumbers out and no joy. It’s had a new water flow sensor, flush with sentinel x800 and refurbished...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock