Discuss Ideal Logic + Combi 30 boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrissieFizz

Help please! After having a water meter fitted last week, my Ideal Logic + Combi 30 boiler has stopped working. The heating doesn't matter thankfully but I have no hot water. The SE Water meter man has been back to look at it and said it is nothing to do with the meter. The display on the boiler suggests that the pressure may be too low, but we couldn't find the pressure gauge. Does anyone know about these please? Thanks for reading

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

the work on the meter is a separate issue to your boiler problem,
if you said the hot water had stopped flowing then that could be some rubbish in the cold feed to the boiler following the work, but that is not what you are describing?

you will need to look under the boiler, (check in your boiler manual for a picture)
there should be a link between the cold water pipe and central heating return pipe.
the link may be connected, it might need connecting?? there should be a tap at each end, these both need opening and watch the pressure rise to 1 bar then close both taps. boiler should now be working, possible reset needed??

If it's a logic + installer should have installed the ideal one as supplied with boiler. It's the two valves at the front right. Should be two bits hanging down.

http://youtu.be/irUS3COM30A

Please excuse his naff install!

I'm looking at getting a new boiler and have been googling this model and this post came up. I see the pressue gauge is under the boiler in the pipework (unlike most others where its on the boiler front under a panel). Isn't this a bit of bad design on Ideals part? Cost cutting? It doesn't exactly fill you with confidence in the product. A bit like a car manufacturer putting the fuel guage under the dashboard. Or am I worrying too much?

I'm looking at getting a new boiler and have been googling this model and this post came up. I see the pressue gauge is under the boiler in the pipework (unlike most others where its on the boiler front under a panel). Isn't this a bit of bad design on Ideals part? Cost cutting? It doesn't exactly fill you with confidence in the product. A bit like a car manufacturer putting the fuel guage under the dashboard. Or am I worrying too much?

Worrying too much. Logic+ is a cracking boiler!

It's adjacent to the filling loop so when your head is under boiler looking at filling loop you can see it . Ideal logic plus can also display system pressure and to on the LCD and tell you way boiler is doing , the last 10 faults and how many days ago those faults occurred. Don't get that on any other boilers! Not Worcester not valliant not intergas not Baxi not vissesman and not atag.

The LCD wont show you the pressure surely? Thats what the analogue gauge under the boilers for isnt it.

No in service mode it will it also shows DHW flow and temp . Temp of ch .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic + Combi 30 boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock