Discuss Ideal logic 35 pump overrun in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
Just fitted a ideal logic plus and when asking for central heating it ignites for a few minutes then pump overrun comes up on boiler any1 knows whats up?

nothing wrong with it, this allways happens, its a cycle run after the boiler has finished demand

Ive fitted loads of ideals and most of the customers call after ive left ( already explaining about all controls and overun showing on boiler) but they think something is wrong , Theyre just not used to a boiler telling you what its doing,, they do after the first phone call

Depending on type of boiler most have an overrun ( pump continues running after temp is reached and burner extinguishes) its just the ideals tell you on the screen , standard function,

Fan post purge . Is that a problem? The central heating is at 65c? Is that right? My neighbour he's good at these sort of things said it should be 20.5, and he dosnt think you've set it up properly? Turns out he's an 'Engineer' - used to clean floor at a council workshop.

Its crazy ermi i always explain (when ive fitted an ideal) to the customers in laymen terms what all the functions on the screen ment as they were coming up, fan post purge , ignition, pump overrun , and after a couple days they phone thinking theres something wrong with the boiler because these functions are coming up on boiler, when your explaining the workings of the boiler i think it can be overwhelming for soon customers and they struggle to talk it all in at first but so do we its all about learning something new

I fit the ideal logic everyday aswell. Today was the first day of fitting the plus for my father and got a bit freaked out when it was coming up and couldn't see anything about it in the book. Thanks all for the help its working perfect

Does the fan not purge after every demand aswell. Sure I was told they do this to stop heat exchanger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic 35 pump overrun in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got fd code on Ideal Logic Heat 15. Had two plumbers out and no joy. It’s had a new water flow sensor, flush with sentinel x800 and refurbished...
Replies
Views
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have noticed recently that when the central heating, set at 60 on boiler, goes off the pump no longer overruns for the period of 3 minutes...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock