Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Locgic Combi 30 - Leaking Filling Loop (whilst trying to repressurise) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bakertreek

Hello - i am trying to repressurise the boiler as its now at zero pressure. When connecting the filling loop (which is quite short and has a braided pipe), I then turn the filling loop isolation valves to the open position, and water leaks from both taps (blue and black). There is no sound/pressure going into the tank, because the water leaks out.

Any suggestions? The pipe is short, slightly twisted and difficult to attach to the isolation valve - is there a washer missing or some other part which causes the water to leak and not go straight in?

Help Please

Natasha

There should be a rubber washer both ends, look in the blank caps

Even if it was leaking which many do have drips from if not tightened on properly it should still pressurise. Tighten on a bit more, put a basin underneath and open both valves fully and shut off when you get to 1 - 1.5 bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Locgic Combi 30 - Leaking Filling Loop (whilst trying to repressurise) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank you! --- Apologies, but yet another "boiler losing pressure" thread - I've read many others, but am no closer... Not my boiler (parents), so...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the owner of this boiler is now caught firmly between "not us", "not us" and "not us" - nobody will take responsibility, and just calls into question...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
The central heating circuit is slightly low on pressure so I tried to top it up with the built in filling loop. Nothing happens. No mains water gets pushed into the heating return pipe. I disconnected the filling loop on the heating side to test the double-check valve, and mains water comes...
Replies
Views
Steve Shad
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock