Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE15 not firing up when programmer hot water on, heating OK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ukjbrown

Hi,

We have an Ideal Icos HE15 condensing boiler and a Myson programmer. In the cupboard upstairs there is a tank with immersion heater, a Myson valve and a Honeywell (40003916-001) T-shaped valve. Note, we've had the house from new and it is now 5-years old.

The first symptom was noticed last Friday, the Honeywell valve was making a constant loud buzzing noise and was very hot, everything at this stage appeared to be working OK. To resolve this temporarily I switched off the hot water demand from the programmer. I later switched the hot water back to auto to see if the problem returned in the morning. In the morning the valve didn't buzz, but we noticed we only had tepid warm water.

Problem #1: The immersion heater is no longer turning on. There is definitely power going to the immersion heater but it isn't turning on. It switched back on after a manual reset, but after 10 minutes or so switched back off and never came back on.

Problem #2: When the hot water is on from the programmer, the boiler doesn't fire up, the pump doesn't run in the cupboard upstairs and the light doesn't come on the Myson valve in the cupboard. Before the buzzing problem with the Honeywell valve, I noticed that the light definitely came on that valve, and am pretty sure the motor ran too. If I turn the heating on from the programmer then everything fires up; the boiler, the Myson valve and the motor. At this point we have heating and hot water. For the time being I've synchronised the timings of the heating and the hot water and turned all the radiator valves off so we can at least have hot water.

I've already had a plumber visit who suggested the heating fix for the time being so we have hot water, and I'm currently waiting on a call back from an electrician. I just wondered if anyone here has any suggestions or advice?

I personally think the Honeywell valve may be knackered, but that doesn't really explain the problem with the immersion or why the boiler/motor/valve isn't coming on when the programmer demands hot water.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE15 not firing up when programmer hot water on, heating OK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock