Discuss Ideal Icon. No central Heating Fault, Any advice greatly appreciated. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nafe

Hi all,

I have a fault with my central heating system,Boiler is ideal icon he15 (I didn't choose it!).

Working perfectly for hot water only, but when I turn on the central heating, the boiler light instantly goes out.

If I turn the boiler on for just heating, the boiler ignites, then makes lots of banging (kettling) noises then the boiler powers down, some auto cut out?

Approx 6 mnths ago I had the same noise, a good friend of mine then took the small condense trap out of the boiler, and there was a blockage as water poured out, maybe 2 pints, we then put a compressor on the waste pipe, which did the trick.

I have checked the trap this time and only a very small,normal amount of water came out of the trap.

So my thoughts are the system needs a flush?

But maybe Heat exchange?

Thanks for your help guys.
Nathan

Thanks for reply.
I had an engineer look at the system earlier, he advised flushing the system.
But he hasn't a lot of experience with icon icos boilers so I thought it might be worth seeing if anyone else has had similar issue.
Thanks

Honestly it sounds like the heatex is blocked/knackered and the boiler is going to overheat. Hard to say without looking though. It may be resolved with a chemical flush/scale reducer, but maybe not.

Get it flushed properly and if that doesn't work, get a new boiler installed with sufficient protection from scale and corrosion to prevent this happening again. I wouldn't bother repairing your boiler if it needed a new heatex, it's not economical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the hot water is working properly the fault must be external to the boiler. Possibly a blockage in the heating pipework which is why someone has recommended a flush.

If the hot water is working properly the fault must be external to the boiler. Possibly a blockage in the heating pipework which is why someone has recommended a flush.

I shouldn't be giving out advice at midnight when I'm in a mood lol. I clearly didn't even read his post properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys,
Flush will be taking place on Monday, hopefully that will sort it.
Bought some sentinel x400, and a qualified engineer will be doing the flush.
If the boiler is on, for only hot water it's fine, if I then press for heating it's fine, but as soon as I turn hot water off the boiler cuts out.(led flashes)
Ill post again on Monday pm
thanks for all the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icon. No central Heating Fault, Any advice greatly appreciated. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock