Discuss icos m3080 boiler fault. engineer says there is a crack in system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manic

We have an icos ideal m3080 condensating boiler that has been flashing code F L which basically means the boiler has failed to light after 3 attempts.

The boiler man came whilst I was at work and my wife was home and gives her the verdict that the boiler has a crack in the system but it is safe to keep on using for now.

Now the boiler is around 12 yes old so a replacement could be expected but unfortunately I don't necessarily trust this particular person that much and I wonder if what he is saying is true.

How can a boiler be deemed safe to use if it has a crack in the system?

Not all that clued up on boilers so happy to hear thoughts either way

Oh and BTW before you ask its a rented house and landlady chooses who fixes things

Why do you not trust him? and if its rented why do you care?

Surely this is the landladys problem not yours .
Sorry no idea what the crack is or could be .

nothing to do with system, boiler at fault and simple fix tbh

Why do you not trust him? and if its rented why do you care?

Becuase the same guy has fixed things before at our house and I just don't like nor do I trust the guy. I care because I don't want my land lady to be out of pocket un-necessarily. She looks after us and treats us well so we're trying to look out for her

Becuase the same guy has fixed things before at our house and I just don't like nor do I trust the guy. I care because I don't want my land lady to be out of pocket un-necessarily. She looks after us and treats us well so we're trying to look out for her

well if he said crack hes wrong put it that way

Crack in system, or crack in boiler
2 very different things with a completely different outcome
You need to either get him back or speak to him on the phone to find out exactly whats wrong

probably not gas safe registered ask him his regnumber and then check him out on the gas safe web site if his not or he woill not give a number refuse to let him look at the boiler again

If your looking out for Landlady, your better to address your concerns to her, about the chaps ability to fix your boiler, and ask if she can send someone else to look at boiler, of if you can arrange for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to icos m3080 boiler fault. engineer says there is a crack in system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock