Search the forum,

Discuss I want to start a boiler service/install company where do i start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

Newcastle Co Down

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a free market so if you get your qualifications you can legally trade however the piece of paper will not tell you all you need to know to complete the most basic boiler service.

I am in the South of Ireland and see lots of N.I. reg vans driving over 100 miles to do oil boiler services for less than half what I charge, some call it competition I call it desperation.

I had four jobs booked in today, only did one the customer said he was using a lot of oil 1,000 litres per month last year he used 1,500 litres up to April.

Find the fault, fix it then deliver two lots of very bad news (my bill being one), he is now back to using the expected amount of oil for a 4 bed house.

Far as I know the N.I. market is flooded with oil service technicians, Phoenix are not helping with their special offers.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I want to start a boiler service/install company where do i start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock