Search the forum,

Discuss I want it all to be legal!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

I bought some boilers from a guy who was selling them on ebay a few months back. I didn't go through ebay, just paid him via paypal and he hand delivered them. I just used the paypal receipt I got to put through my books as he didn't give me a receipt. Didnt really think much about it at the time. All the boilers have now been fitted and registered

He contacted me last week about buying some more boilers, now since then and as he boilers are the cheapest I can get, i was worried they may be stolen so I explained to him I need a receipt. He said he doesn't do receipts as he buys them off someone who gets a really good discount and just sells them on. I'm guessing by doing this he's just dodging the tax but which has nothing to do with me. He he wants to do that, fair enough, if he gets caught he'll be in the crap but everything i do is above board. He now won't take paypal payment due to the fees and wants bank transfer. I have asked him repeatedly if these boilers are stolen as i register them all and if they were, the first person they would come back to is me, I would then obviously send them to him

can I buy these boilers via bank transfer and just show the transaction with my bank account records and is everything I'm doing legal?

Hi guys,

I bought some boilers from a guy who was selling them on ebay a few months back. I didn't go through ebay, just paid him via paypal and he hand delivered them. I just used the paypal receipt I got to put through my books as he didn't give me a receipt. Didnt really think much about it at the time. All the boilers have now been fitted and registered

He contacted me last week about buying some more boilers, now since then and as he boilers are the cheapest I can get, i was worried they may be stolen so I explained to him I need a receipt. He said he doesn't do receipts as he buys them off someone who gets a really good discount and just sells them on. I'm guessing by doing this he's just dodging the tax but which has nothing to do with me. He he wants to do that, fair enough, if he gets caught he'll be in the crap but everything i do is above board. He now won't take paypal payment due to the fees and wants bank transfer. I have asked him repeatedly if these boilers are stolen as i register them all and if they were, the first person they would come back to is me, I would then obviously send them to him

can I buy these boilers via bank transfer and just show the transaction with my bank account records and is everything I'm doing legal?

while your fighting your concious ,ask him what the best price is for a Vaillant pro 28 and pm me

while your fighting your concious ,ask him what the best price is for a Vaillant pro 28 and pm me

Haha. I think he only deals with ideal logics, vogues and independents.
What would you do if you were me? If they are nicked, I want no part of it but I don't wanna pass up a good price if everything is legit. If I ring up ideal and give them the serial numbers, surely they would tell me. I installed the others months ago and have not heard anything so they must be fine

I cant imagine any high end goods sold without a receipt as being legit.

Somewhere along the line, vat SHOULD have been paid and some one would want to reclaim??

doesnt really sound right to me if he wont give any correct receipts!

You know they are stolen! Just trying to make it appear like they arnt . Unless they were lifted as a large consignment i.e HA contract with a series of sequential serial numbers then ur ok.

Looks more like they are being lifted from ideal transport or storage? As pick and mix, and no other boilers. I wouldn't touch them with a pole. It's not worth the trouble or appearing in local wrag

if it sounds too good to be true.....

Yep, your prob right

just gets me how internet shops can sell boilers cheaper than I can get them even though I know they come from my local store!! So someone's making a killing somewhere!!

Yep, your prob right

just gets me how internet shops can sell boilers cheaper than I can get them even though I know they come from my local store!! So someone's making a killing somewhere!!

Ray is pretty competitive for boilers including delivery !

You know they are stolen! Just trying to make it appear like they arnt . Unless they were lifted as a large consignment i.e HA contract with a series of sequential serial numbers then ur ok.

Looks more like they are being lifted from ideal transport or storage? As pick and mix, and no other boilers. I wouldn't touch them with a pole. It's not worth the trouble or appearing in local wrag

Agree with the above.

Eventually the sh.t will hit the fan, ideal will be able to trace the serial no's to registered boilers and the sh.t will land on your door.

You say you bought in good faith, however that does not stand up in court

Seriously though? Are these boilers even traceable? When I get sold boilers through merchants and they pick them out, they don't note which serial no they're giving me.

They could be bulk bought through a contract scheme, and won't provide receipt as they would be breaching ideals terms? As they won't want their boilers distributed through anybody.

How cheap is cheap?

Are we talking hundreds cheaper? He's hand delivered to you so you can't trace back to any address, that's dodgy in itself. Probably some merchant monkey flogging them out the back door.

lets take a look at the ebay listing?

thats trackable, so's paypal its not like he is non traceable so whoever owns those accounts is the responsible seller!

Every boiler has the identifier on the box, this is usually serial number or part of it. Ideal can tell u what time of day the boiler was boxed and which pallet it went on!

When we buy Baxi boilers for example the serial number is taken from box and allocated on the invoice for the job before the boiler even leaves our shop. When works are completed and paid we register the boiler as installed. If we don't get payment the boiler is registered stolen! (Not actually ever happened)

The main problem to me is that the boilers are all ideal. If they were different brands yes but all the same make? Ie his mate works at the factory.

Well guys, I was swaying towards not buying them and hoped you guys would tell me they would be legit or a way of finding out but you have just added another nail to the coffin. I guess ray is getting another order from me lol

I'm certainly not scum mate, if I was, I don't think I would air this on a public forum

I'm certainly not scum mate, if I was, I don't think I would air this on a public forum

i am sorry if it went like this , but I honestly did not mean that you are ! Just saying that if the seller get arrested you will be too .
Once again sorry

Well guys, I was swaying towards not buying them and hoped you guys would tell me they would be legit or a way of finding out but you have just added another nail to the coffin. I guess ray is getting another order from me lol

how much are we talkin about mate,are they half price i could do with a cheap one off

Just a thought these might not be stolen but paid for with stolen cards?

We had a string of people from Essex and surrounding area asking to buy 3 or 4 35kw boilers with vertical flues and NO extensions or fittings ... Asked that a courier collect them and pay over phone. Couldn't come into shop and had no gas safe cards . Asked for card addresses an they were flat or house u wouldn't expect a plumber fitting lots of boilers to reside. Also mobile number was tesco mobile on the occasions we called back and got vm. Reported it but ............

They arnt that cheap and it's not worth the headache of having to remove stolen boiler, pay for it your self and explain to plod and hmrc what exactly u were planning ?

Feckin hell almost 3% cheaper than a legal one thought u collected?

They are 20% cheaper mate, cheapest I can get one including vat is £707. I got offered the other ones for £570 all in

it doesn't matter anyway now. Ray will be getting my order in the morning unless anyone nows of a legit source thats cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nice thinking about the £140 saving but hey hi, as they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it prob is..

It could all be very legit but we'll never know!!! Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I want it all to be legal!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes were too short and no flex so he introduced me to Hep 2.0. he also did a dry fit and measured everything up to the mm. he left me with some patch work...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock