Search the forum,

Discuss I shouldn't have done that!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

So Mrs and 2 daughters poked off to do girlie day out together, so Lame on call decided to cut his hedge out back. It was only about 20 feet high on my side so popped into my flats garden to hack it down a bit as the garden is up a tier. Repaired my chain saw, big limbs in this beech hedge and had a happy afternoon revving away, successfully removed some 6 foot of hedge, BUT Lame failed to remember he has a shattered wrist. So now sat down one finger typing as the left wrist is basically throbbing as if I just hit it for 10 mins with a club hammer. it has swollen up a fair bit,so I am now on pain killers and single malt (off boat call roster).

Some how I have got to realize that the doc is telling the truth when he says slow down, re think how to go about lifes little chores. Anyhow did the hedge and sat down for the match.
So when a pain in the bum customer rang towards the end of the rugby, as his loo in his holiday flat had an issue, he seemed a bit put out when I informed him where he could go and stick his loo. After all 2 weeks ago he informed me my services to do boiler servicing etc was no longer needed as BG would guarentee to turn up within a couple of hours any day of the week, as I had kept his tenant waiting all of 4 hours last August bank holiday as the heating wasnt working!!!!!! silly pratt hadnt turned it on at the room stat!!!!!!

Anyhow after 6 years turning out all hours regularly for him, I had got the heave ho, apart from being needed for the odd plumbing job...... he didnt reckon on being told to get lost this Sunday when water was pouring into the lower flats............... bit of loyalty goes a long way in my books, dont expect to see me off and get favours :)

I wonder if the sore wrist had anything to do with my bad mood? Still, I wont be allowed to go on about the wrist as the Mrs has just rung from A&E, seems she has beggared her ankle doing horsey things................................ life is goodish I think ..............

Looking forward to her ladyships arrival back home, knowing sympathy isnt coming my way, best be nice to her though or life could become hellish :)

Yea, I love it when a punter signs up for BG etc, then phones me for "a little help" with some crap. You should have posted this on the public site. Forewarned and all that.

Really is time to listen to the quacks then lame, it comes to most of us sooner or later in one form or another.

oops wifey is on her way back from A& E with crutches, thats 2 cripples in the place now!!

Re listening to quacks rpm, you know you should but the old brain still thinks of when you were 20, forgetting that was 35 years ago :):):) good thing is, the single malt has kicked in and the wrist is now feeling 40 years old :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE Re listening to quacks rpm, you know you should but the old brain still thinks of when you were 20, forgetting that was 35 years ago :):):)[/QUOTE]

Your learn my friend, your learn, can`t even join the kids in a 30 min back garden kick around now or I`ll be off work the next day.

noooooooooo I'm to young....... (shut up all of the smart asses out there) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I shouldn't have done that!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock