Discuss "I never dabble with plumbing issues in my house" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Well that's what the customer said on the phone. My toilet wont flush and the flush handle has broken. Had to laugh at the books on the window sill, but laughed the most at third book on the right just thinking about what the customer told me (of course you dont) . Mind you I didn't even know Haynes did a plumbing manual so you live n learn.Oh how wish they wouldnt use that disgusting blue stuff in the cistern !!
:rolleyes2:.

IMG_0864.jpg

its like the old saying "no its always been like that since we moved in"

Went to a house once, complete **** hole. Had a bookcase with one book, it was a home designs book! Had to take a double take!

I hate them blue cistern blocks - turn ya hands blue when changing a syphon!

My price goes up 50% if there's any sign someone has tried to DIY before calling me in! If they have tried to DIY and don't own up it doubles..

Bit like when someone tries to knock a price down with me. I start increasing instead of reaching what the custard thinks would be a happy medium!

That would be boring. I was called out to another engineers customer as he was in Scotland. The story was it wouldn't fire up, but had ran for an hour and a half earlier in the day. Mectron burner and sounded like a control box or photocell issue. Neither I had on the van. Got hold of them and went down to the customer. Customer out but boiler in shed next door to house and I'd told them to leave it on. Swapped over the control box and it goes through ignition sequence but won't fire, checks oil in tank and flow to pump. But nozzle bone dry. drops pump from motor and the dog is in little bits. New dog and puts it back together. Now the motor won't run. Drops in new capacitor and it's away like a good one. Obviously the boiler must have been on its last legs for weeks and I seriously doubt it had ran the day before.

I've stopped listening to custs now and just start from scratch.

I know a bloke and and when someone asks for a service on their boiler the first thing he says is ill be round next month, when they say no my boiler isn't working
Can you come today, he can then say 'so its not a service your after, we're you going to tell me it worked fine before I got there'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "I never dabble with plumbing issues in my house" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just a side note to start, I am not a plumber and have pretty much zero knowledge about plumbing. I have three toilets in my house, a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock