Discuss I have a problem with my glow worm betacom 24c boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nohope

I have a problem with my glow worm betacom 24c boiler. The heating and hot water works fine.. However when I run the hot water it works fine but when I turn off the hot water (tap) the boiler stays firers upped.! Sometimes for hours.
Can you help please

Is your hot water fed from a storage tank or directly from the boiler? If directly from the boiler, it's possible, you may have a slightly leaky hot water tap (somewhere) causing the boiler to remain on.

You may have a warm start on your boiler which heats up the plate heat ex. Are your radiators getting hot when its firing up? Is your hot water as hot as it usually is? Let your boiler cool down then turn on hot water check the heating flow and returns are they getting hot when the taps are on?

Not the best boiler that Glow-Worm made, it is a combi that you are asking about ? or do you have a hot water tank, more information on type of system please .

Thanks Guy
In response to your questions
It does not have a separate water tank
It is a combi.
The rads do not heat up and also the flow also does not heat up when the boiler is firing up.
The firing up is sporadic, sometime it does straight after turning the hot tap off sometimes it could be an hour or so afterwards.

Thanks
Again

Hi, turn off the water stop tap, open hot taps to drain. Turn on heating, does it work ? if it does you've got a hot tap dripping or a faulty shower valve. If it doesn't get a GS engineer to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I have a problem with my glow worm betacom 24c boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock