Search the forum,

Discuss I am looking for a Gas engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phillip_QQ

My dad has an old Classic RS40 boiler - i think its nearly 40 years old and it really is in excellent working order.
As far as I know only the gas thermostat has been replaced a few times ... but mechanically its an original and I still have all the backup replacement parts to repair the Classic RS40 that my dad kept.
The radiators a fairly new and the hot water cylinder servers the central heating and the hot water so I guess its also original.
It was my dad's pride and joy and he never shut up about it !!!

I will get to the point ...

I want to have a combi boiler installed but i can not face scrapping the Classic RS40 ... is there anyway of leaving it plugged in to the central heating system so that if I ever wanted to run it I could?
I do not anticipate running the classic as its a gas guzzler but I guess its part of my memories .
If there's no solution to this problem then the boiler stays as is ...

This one might be a question for the older boiler fitters who remember this boiler?

My dad has an old Classic RS40 boiler - i think its nearly 40 years old and it really is in excellent working order.
... is there anyway of leaving it plugged in to the central heating system so that if I ever wanted to run it I could?
?

Since you want to keep it so the memory stays, I suppose you could have it displayed somewhere in the living room so it takes pride of place. But as for leaving it connected to the system, I would say NO. It will serve no purpose except create an unecessary ''dead leg''

Thanks for your reply ... could it not be isolated so that it does not cause any "dead Leg"? ... this way the system would bypass it because of the isolation valves.

Thanks Phillip.

If this job interests you please PM the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I am looking for a Gas engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock