Discuss Hydroboil Plus vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coggers

I am installing a Hydroboil plus and have read the instructions about the vent. Every similar set up i have seen has the vent going into the sink.

What are peoples opinions on this. It is certainly the easiest way to do it. Having done my G3 and learnt all about D2 pipework it doesn't seem right that you can put a vent directly into a sink where someone could touch it.

Please discuss??

It's a filtered water boiler for drinks so not covered under g3.

It'll be under 15 litres so not covered under g3.

Follow the mi's.

Not really what I meant about the G3, just the same principle of potentially hot/pressurised water venting out.

It just seems to be common practice to vent into the sink, and wondered if this was correct?

Is it not a special tap which allows the heater to vent with expansion. The special tap has 3 connections hot cold n vent. So what u get is a drip now and again.

Ok. There's a small tank in these, about 2 litres, which is connected to the vent/overflow. Any water that comes out of these is always at a trickle which is why the common practise is to discharge into the sink or onto a drainer. As with all discharge terminals the gap is usually kept as small as is practicably possible to prevent splatter.

I've honestly never heard of anyone scalded by a vent off these.

Ok john i thought it was one of those kettlers that sit inside the unit or underneath , my bad ,,,,

I thought n ya know what they say bout thought :- thought p!shed the bed and blamed the blankets lol

Thanks for the explanation, by he rules/m.i's it should go into a waste. Just is a hell of allot easier going onto the sink

I look after my pals engineering place and they have 4 hydro boils ( all well knackt now to be honest ) they just drip onto the stainless draining board

If you were asked to install new ones, where would you put the vents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hydroboil Plus vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 and gledhill 250 indirect tank control options Hi, I am in the process of renovating an old farm house. I have been...
Replies
Views
Hi, Moved in to 1980s bungalow in the last year. Doing renovations and manging things myself (I'm a qualified sparky -- clueless about plumbing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock